Haskell-KR: Haskellers in South Korea
Welcome to Haskell-KR, the South Korean Haskell group!
Programmers in South Korea gather and explore the exciting world of Haskell together. We are especially fascinated by how correctness, conciseness, performance, concurrency, maintainability, code quality, and elegance in software can be achieved by this awesome programming language, a result from decades of cutting-edge research full of revolutionary advances and state-of-the-art features. Please refer to the official Haskell website for more on Haskell.
For most programmers, it is extremely difficult to spend holidays on learning an unfamiliar language: it requires too much mental effort. We can effectively avoid this willpower trap by meeting up because when we gather we have nothing else to do. Leave your distractions behind and join us for a nice productive holiday with fun.
- Meetups are generally on Saturdays. All participants are encouraged to code in Haskell.
- Learning is far easier with proper motivation. We aim to learn Haskell by writing software with it and sharing the result to one another. Great work receives great applause.
- During meetups, Haskellers can rapidly exchange feedback regarding any issue they would encounter, facilitating smoother development.
- We seek the possibility of Haskell’s commercial application and actively promote making/modifying free software in Haskell.
- Bring your computer.
- Before coming to the meetup, you are strongly recommended to set up a Haskell package system on your computer, at least to a level that an example from a library of your choice would compile. Stack is the general recommendation. Please follow the install instruction of Stack.
- Set a personal goal. For example, write a simple web server app for uploading and downloading images.